This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] [BZ 17542] sunrpc: conditional jump depends on uninitialised value in svc_getreq_common
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, bhubbard at redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 23:33:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [BZ 17542] sunrpc: conditional jump depends on uninitialised value in svc_getreq_common
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54597868 dot 3060408 at redhat dot com> <mvmr3xif28d dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20141105091434 dot GJ17703 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 02:44:34PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 10:03:46AM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > Brad Hubbard <email@example.com> writes:
> > > Following is the valgrind warning.
> > >
> > > ==26802== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
> > > ==26802== at 0x5343A25: svc_getreq_common (in /lib64/libc-2.5.so)
> > > ==26802== by 0x534357B: svc_getreqset (in /lib64/libc-2.5.so)
> > Why was svc_getreqset called with file descriptors that were never seen
> > by xprt_register?
> That is likely an application bug, but it might not be a bad idea to
> include the patch anyway. Failing the NULL check and returning seems
> better than allowing to dereference arbitrary pointer values.
As its better to always fail than only sometimes I also think its good
to include it.