This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: search locale archive again after alias expansion
- From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 15:57:59 -0200
- Subject: Re: search locale archive again after alias expansion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <orr4dao5h6 dot fsf at livre dot home> <20130918220004 dot B23492C09F at topped-with-meat dot com> <ory56t31yv dot fsf at livre dot home>
On Sep 19, 2013, Alexandre Oliva <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> BZ #15969: search locale archive again after alias expansion
> If a locale alias is defined in locale.alias but not in an archive,
> and the referenced locale is only present in the archive, setlocale
> will fail if given the alias name. This is unintuitive. This patch
> fixes it, arranging for the locale archive to be searched again after
> alias expansion.
> for ChangeLog
> [BZ #15969]
> * locale/findlocale.c (_nl_find_locale): Retry archive search
> after alias expansion.
> * NEWS: Updated.
Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter http://FSFLA.org/~lxoliva/
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Gandhi
Be Free! -- http://FSFLA.org/ FSF Latin America board member
Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer