This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] [BZ #16141] strptime: extend %z range limits
- From: James Perkins <james at loowit dot net>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 14:28:05 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] [BZ #16141] strptime: extend %z range limits
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1417573661-9902-1-git-send-email-james at loowit dot net> <CANu=DmhVemt_SFNUT4d4k0_mCoN7NQVO2hw_nPFY_8ui9ZLa6g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 1:41 AM, Will Newton <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 3 December 2014 at 02:27, James Perkins <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> This is a fix for [BZ #16141] strptime %z offset restriction.
> The patch looks ok modulo the nit below. It would be good to add a test however.
I'm reworking it to add tests.
>> + /* valid range UTC-24 to +25, ala POSIX */
> The comment should be a sentence so start with a capital and end with
> a full-stop and a couple of spaces.
Thanks for the feedback, Will. In my rework I will also drop the range limit per
discussion with Paul Eggert, to honor a -9959 to +9959 input offset range,
so the comment will go away.
James Perkins <email@example.com> KN1X www.loowit.net/~james
2094 Arthur St, Eugene, OR 97405 +1.971.344.3969 mobile