This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Add optimized strchrnul
- From: Kyle McMartin <kmcmarti at redhat dot com>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 12:45:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Add optimized strchrnul
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <539AD11E dot 50507 at arm dot com> <CAFqB+PyiWb1Bj+UJa2HRvyCMhn-H57r3Wn05mHpnOn1n_qhzrQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 02:02:22PM +0000, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
> On 13 June 2014 11:23, Richard Earnshaw <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Here is an optimized implementation of __strchrnul. The simplification
> > that we don't have to track precisely why the loop terminates (match or
> > end-of-string) means we have to do less work in both setup and the core
> > inner loop. That means this should never be slower than strchr.
> > As with strchr, the use of LD1 means we do not need different versions
> > for big-/little-endian.
> > <date> Richard Earnshaw <email@example.com>
> > * sysdeps/aarch64/strchrnul.S: New file.
> Committed. + NEWS entry. /Marcus
Hrm, I've bisected this commit as the cause of localedef segfaulting as
part of install-locales... it ends up crashing weirdly inside of
vsprintf's internals. Have either of you seen anything similar?