This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] mutex destruction (#13690): problem description and workarounds
- From: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- To: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 21:50:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] mutex destruction (#13690): problem description and workarounds
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1396621230 dot 10643 dot 7191 dot camel at triegel dot csb> <1417101135 dot 1771 dot 340 dot camel at triegel dot csb>
On Thu, 2014-11-27 at 16:12 +0100, Torvald Riegel wrote:
> I have brought up this issue on LKML, asking for the kernel community's
> feedback on whether this is best solved by, in some way, allowing
> spurious wake-ups:
If the kernel wants that, I think that's what we should do.
In particular, I propose we:
* Make sure we point out the issue in the docs: futex man pages for
sure; maybe in high-level documentation, an article, or something like
that that can be referenced, too.
* Allow spurious wake-up on return of 0 in any wrapper glibc might