This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/3] powerpc: Add powerpc64 strspn optimization
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 17:30:30 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] powerpc: Add powerpc64 strspn optimization
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54736340 dot 6030204 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 24-11-2014 14:56, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> This patch makes the POWER7 optimized strspn generic by using
> default doubleword stores to zero the hash, instead of VSX
> instructions. Performance on POWER7/POWER8 machines does not
> changed and they are faster on older machine (POWER6).
> Checked on powerpc64.
If no one opposes it, I will commit it.