This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [PATCH] mips: Do not use jal to reach __libc_start_main
- From: "Petar Jovanovic" <petar dot jovanovic at rt-rk dot com>
- To: "'Joseph Myers'" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <petar dot jovanovic at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 16:59:14 +0100
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] mips: Do not use jal to reach __libc_start_main
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1416266925-100072-1-git-send-email-petar dot jovanovic at rt-rk dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411172355520 dot 3980 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <002501d00366$6fb56210$4f202630$ at rt-rk dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411182249560 dot 18922 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
In addition to the previous, the following testing has been done:
- tested glibc testsuite in MIPS32 case with default GCC ("-mno-plt" as
default option) configuration,
- tested glibc testsuite in MIPS16 case with default GCC ("-mno-plt" as
default option) configuration with extra CFLAGS/CPPFLAGS "-mplt"
passed to glibc configure.
From: Joseph Myers [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:55 PM
To: Petar Jovanovic
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: RE: [PATCH] mips: Do not use jal to reach __libc_start_main
On Tue, 18 Nov 2014, Petar Jovanovic wrote:
> In short, the failing test program (reported in #17601) has been tested
> in the following combinations (given to gcc):
> 1. -EL
> 2. -EL -fPIC
> 3. -EL -fPIC -pie
> 4. -EL -mabi=32 -mips16
> 5. -EL -mabi=32 -mips16 -fPIC
> 6. -EL -mabi=32 -mips16 -fPIC -pie
> To execute it correctly for options 1, 2, 4 and 5, additional change
> (described in the bug tracker) was added in gcc/config/mips/mips.h.
> Further, a subset (1500 tests) from DejaGnu GCC test suite has been
> executed and has shown no regressions.
I think you need to run the glibc testsuite for at least one MIPS16 case,
at least one non-MIPS16 case; at least one case with GCC configured
--with-mips-plt, at least one case with GCC configured --without-mips-plt
(so at least two glibc testsuite runs, depending on how you combine those
Joseph S. Myers