This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix sysdeps/mips/__longjmp.c warning
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 10:22:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fix sysdeps/mips/__longjmp.c warning
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411261634260 dot 854 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 04:34:50PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> This patch fixes
> .../sysdeps/mips/__longjmp.c:27:1: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype [-Wstrict-prototypes]
> which arose I think from the MIPS16 changes (renaming the function to
> ____longjmp with an alias __longjmp, so a prior header prototype for
> __longjmp no longer sufficed to prevent a warning). I've made the
> function use a prototype definition, which is what we want for all
> function definitions in glibc anyway.
> Tested for MIPS and committed.
This file is utter nonsense and really needs to be replaced completely
by either one giant __asm__ block or a .S file. As-written, it assumes
the compiler will not use or clobber any registers between one asm
statement and the next, which is an invalid assumption. setjmp_aux.c
is even worse and relies on the same invalid assumption and on tail