This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] [BZ 17588 13064] Update UTF-8 charmap and width to Unicode 7.0.0
- From: Pravin Satpute <psatpute at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Mike FABIAN <mfabian at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 07:03:18 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [BZ 17588 13064] Update UTF-8 charmap and width to Unicode 7.0.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <573624784 dot 8871393 dot 1416848051220 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at redhat dot com>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Pravin Satpute" <email@example.com>
>Cc: "Mike FABIAN" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 10:24:11 PM
>Subject: [PATCH] [BZ 17588 13064] Update UTF-8 charmap and width to Unicode 7.0.0
> In last couple of weeks Mike (cc'ed) reviewed and improved patches i submitted earlier for UTF-8 and CTYPE. Attached updated patch for UTF-8 as per his review. We have divided the bug last week into CTYPE and UTF-8 for >simplicity in tracking changes. Most of the discussions are available on bugzilla 
> Earlier discussion and patches for UTF-8 is available in this libc-alpha thread.
> Let me know if anything remaining before getting this patch in glibc rawhide. In meanwhile i will test improvement Mike has done for i18n (CTYPE), one can see it on .
> Patch size is 1.8 MB so not attaching to this email. 
Mike pointed out applying patch created by ignoring space creates inconsistencies in final UTF-8 file. Also we agreed for no need to keep multiple space after utf8 hex field.
I have updated the patch (2.7M) and it available on bugzilla. (https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=7980)
> Backward compatibility report is available AT . See github for more information regarding changes and improvements in scripts