This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix dlfcn/failtestmod.c warning
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 16:21:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fix dlfcn/failtestmod.c warning
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411262111040 dot 29828 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 09:11:19PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> This patch fixes a "set but not used" warning from
> dlfcn/failtestmod.c. A variable is used only to store the return
> value from dlsym. As I understand this test, the point is simply to
> do a sequence of load / unload operations in a loop, and all that
> matters here is that dlsym gets called and returns without crashing,
> not what its return value is. So this patch removes the assignment to
> a variable.
> Tested for x86_64.