This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 4/N] [x86_64] Vectorized math functions
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andrew Senkevich <andrew dot n dot senkevich at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 17:48:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/N] [x86_64] Vectorized math functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMXFM3ugNmLX1P-a=3XnxZ0oAKXYDiMhjqiLayCA1OHom0=9xw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, 21 Nov 2014, Andrew Senkevich wrote:
> +#ifndef _DATA_TABLE_OFFSETS_ONLY_
Rather than having such a macro and including one .S file from another, I
think you should have a .h file with the offsets, and then include that .h
files in all the .S files needing it.
I think this patch is in the wrong position in the patch series - rather
than adding functions that aren't used, the series should first build up
the architecture-independent infrastructure, then add the initial x86_64
functions with the architecture-specific bits of the support for building
and testing them.
Joseph S. Myers