This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix warning in setjmp/jmpbug.c
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 01:41:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fix warning in setjmp/jmpbug.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411260037310 dot 17237 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 12:37:49AM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> This patch fixes a "set but not used" warning in setjmp/jmpbug.c. A
> variable is used only to store the result of alloca. A cast to void
> is added to avoid the warning, and the variable is made volatile to
> ensure the call to alloca isn't optimized away for being unused.
> Tested for x86_64.