This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: -Werror policy
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:48:44 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: -Werror policy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411132331520 dot 5050 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20141114001831 dot 8C7CF2C3B16 at topped-with-meat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411251708000 dot 18401 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
The debug/ tests are indeed a special case. Ideally we'd be testing that
the right warnings are generated, too. But to start with certainly we can
do something less than the ideal.