This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFC: Optimize out i386/x86-64 JUMP_SLOT relocation
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 05:08:23 -0800
- Subject: Re: RFC: Optimize out i386/x86-64 JUMP_SLOT relocation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141123150719 dot GA2587 at intel dot com> <20141124210224 dot 08CD72C3B35 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Roland McGrath <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> We could change the test to grok that case. We just need to find a way to
> change it such that we can be confident that the internal calls in the
> module are actually going via that GOT slot even though there is no JMPREL
> reloc for it. We're already assuming that the presence of any PLT entry
> for the symbol name means all calls are using the PLT. So it is probably
> just as safe to assume that the presence of a GOT reloc for the symbol name
> means calls are using that slot.
It sounds good to me. I checked my patch into binutils trunk.