This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Patch] Add .size directives to x86_64 start.S, and possibly more
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: Sterling Augustine <saugustine at google dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, carlos at redhat dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 20:57:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Add .size directives to x86_64 start.S, and possibly more
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEG7qUyQPNG1EtSwWSC77vUm+PZXUpDBtm5obab+Y5aa9Vv4-A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOq+bKtiJaAfa5sxx-PjiHLutdYBT1p=7K24KPcoB0pbug at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAEG7qUzM070Va4L1N=msw8t5uAFRp2WQmUryULen+99_zWpbKw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Sterling Augustine <email@example.com> writes:
> I'm hazy here, but I don't think things are sufficiently initialized
> by _start to call mcount, which ENTRY does.
start doesn't have a .po variant, so it doesn't matter.
Andreas Schwab, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."