This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] manual/sysinfo.texi: Fix addmntent's annotation as MT-Safe
- From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- To: Ma Shimiao <mashimiao dot fnst at cn dot fujitsu dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 03:01:41 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] manual/sysinfo.texi: Fix addmntent's annotation as MT-Safe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1415953601-5254-1-git-send-email-mashimiao dot fnst at cn dot fujitsu dot com> <orzjbthg8t dot fsf at free dot home>
On Nov 14, 2014, Alexandre Oliva <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2014, Ma Shimiao <email@example.com> wrote:
>> According to the description of race in manual, function addmntent should be
>> marked as MT-Safe race:stream.
> Thanks for catching this. We need a ChangeLog entry to go with the
> patch, something like:
> 2014-11-14 Ma Shimiao <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * manual/sysinfo.texi (addmntent): It is actually MT-Safe,
> because the potential race is on the user-supplied stream.
> If nobody objects till Monday, I'll check this in on Tuesday along with
> the ChangeLog entry above.
I've just checked it in. Thanks again,
Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter http://FSFLA.org/~lxoliva/
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Gandhi
Be Free! -- http://FSFLA.org/ FSF Latin America board member
Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer