This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] arm: wrap EABI check with a cache var
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 22:52:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm: wrap EABI check with a cache var
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1416468692-4317-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <1416521821-31271-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org>
On Thu, 20 Nov 2014, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> This way people can force the test one way or the other. It also matches
> the style in other configure flags where tests are wrapper in cache vars.
OK, though I don't think overriding the results of tests in order to
configure with a wrong-target compiler (or no compiler) is sensible.
Joseph S. Myers