This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][AARCH64][BZ #16850]Increase MINSIGSTKSZ & SIGSTKSZ
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Renlin Li <renlin dot li at arm dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 13:54:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AARCH64][BZ #16850]Increase MINSIGSTKSZ & SIGSTKSZ
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5465D638 dot 2070403 at arm dot com> <CANu=DmhWQp70KcZewo-tyazNXO-RwwSnDmfD6mwR=YJ+CYePUQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <546C82E3 dot 3080402 at arm dot com>
On 19 November 2014 11:45, Renlin Li <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 14/11/14 10:20, Will Newton wrote:
>> On 14 November 2014 10:15, Renlin Li <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> This patch duplicates sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/sigstack.h into
>>> sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/bits/sigstack.h and modifies only
>>> and MINSIGSTKSZ.
>>> The ucontext_t is 4560 bytes, siginfo_t is 128 bytes. The required
>>> is far larger than the current default MINSIGSTKSZ (which is 2048). Thus,
>>> increase MINSIGSTKSZ to 8192, and adjust SIGSTCKSZ accordingly.
>>> Glibc has been build and test on the model, no new issues.
>>> Okay to commit?
>>> 2014-11-14 Renlin Li <Renlin.Li@arm.com>
>>> [BZ #16850]
>>> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/bits/sigstack.h: New.
>> I believe this should be synchronized with the value of this constant
>> in the kernel.
> I got some information from this page. Alan Modra holds the option that
> those two values in glibc could differ from kernel.
It sounds like the kernel should still be updated in the AArch64 case,
but I think we can safely update glibc independently. The patch is OK
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro