This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 05/29] Allow fd_mask type not be an array of long.
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at tilera dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <apinski at cavium dot com>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 11:24:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 05/29] Allow fd_mask type not be an array of long.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1414396793-9005-1-git-send-email-apinski at cavium dot com> <1414396793-9005-6-git-send-email-apinski at cavium dot com> <544E73A2 dot 5080601 at tilera dot com>
On 27 October 2014 16:32, Chris Metcalf <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 10/27/2014 3:59 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
>> +/* The fd_set member is required to be an array of longs by XPG4.2. */
> So on aarch64 compat it's now an array of long longs. Is this a problem?
> Would it be better to make it an array of longs but twice as many longs on
> ILP32 as on LP64? I suppose this becomes problematic when supporting
> big-endian, though. But it would be good to address the XPG4.2 issue
> somewhere in the headers.
Yes, this seems strange to me. Maybe it might be best handled by a
wrapper in the kernel?
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro