This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: -Werror policy
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:18:31 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: -Werror policy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411132331520 dot 5050 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
However, I think we should probably write some internal macro using _Pragma
that becomes the idiom rather than the whole push/pop boilerplate. We
might even make the "mandatory comment" items be (ignored) string arguments
to the macro, so it is quite hard to accidentally fail to supply the
We should never use per-file -Wno-* options in makefiles. If there is a
file-wide issue, we can just put:
#pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wfoo"
near the top of the file (but usually after all its #include lines so it
does not affect code from headers). In the same vein, but separate from
-Werror issues, we should have a long-term goal of eliminating all per-file
flags settings in favor of pragmas and/or attributes in the source files.