This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: BZ#15819: introduce internal function to ease poll retry with timeout
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:18:31 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: BZ#15819: introduce internal function to ease poll retry with timeout
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <orioiiahsf dot fsf at free dot home>
> Here's a formal submission of the patch I posted asking for feedback on
> how to introduce this sort of wrapper, a few days ago.
Did you not see my feedback saying to prefer new local headers instead of
changes to include/ wrapper headers?
> +static inline int
> +__poll_noeintr (struct pollfd *__fds, unsigned long int __nfds,
> + int __timeout)
> + int __ret;
> + __retry_poll:
> + __ret = __poll (__fds, __nfds, __timeout);
The __ treatment is never necessary for local-scope names in internal
source files (including headers). It only matters for global names, or
uses in installed headers. Drop the unnecessary prefixes to make the code
easier to read.