This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [RFC] Remove platform dependent information from top-level libc-abis
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 15:35:38 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: RE: [RFC] Remove platform dependent information from top-level libc-abis
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320F69E2B at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320F6F055 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
I think it does make sense to consider these values as machine-dependent.
However, I also want to make sure that we do something to prevent the
danger of new machine-independent features being added but some machines
with their own libc-abis files failing to update.