This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][SPARC] supporting more than 2g in niagara4 memcpy and memset
- From: jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com (Jose E. Marchesi)
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 08:52:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][SPARC] supporting more than 2g in niagara4 memcpy and memset
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8761ellth2 dot fsf at oracle dot com> <20141111 dot 181731 dot 175723761716682896 dot davem at davemloft dot net>
Becuase you didn't tag the sparc32/sparcv9/multiarch/foo-niagara4.S
files with the proper defines, 32-bit sparcv9 multiarch builds will
use %xcc and BPR too, which we absolutely do not want.
Oops, I missed that.
In the future if I don't see it mentioned that you tested 32-bit
targets, I'm going to ask you to resubmit after you have doen so.
I've made the same polite request with your sparc binutils submissions
so it is very disappointing to see you fall into the same bad habit
with your GLIBC work.
Since I got your request I am testing everything in sparc-*-linux-*
targets as well as sparc64-*-linux-*... but for this patch, which was
written long ago. Sorry about that :(