This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][SPARC] supporting more than 2g in niagara4 memcpy and memset
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:17:31 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][SPARC] supporting more than 2g in niagara4 memcpy and memset
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8761ellth2 dot fsf at oracle dot com>
From: email@example.com (Jose E. Marchesi)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 15:09:13 +0100
> Tested in sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu.
> No regressions observed.
Can I please convince you guys to test 32-bit stuff more strongly than
Both targets are important, but 32-bit sparcv9 multiarch is used more
than 64-bit is.
Becuase you didn't tag the sparc32/sparcv9/multiarch/foo-niagara4.S
files with the proper defines, 32-bit sparcv9 multiarch builds will
use %xcc and BPR too, which we absolutely do not want.
In the future if I don't see it mentioned that you tested 32-bit
targets, I'm going to ask you to resubmit after you have doen so.
I've made the same polite request with your sparc binutils submissions
so it is very disappointing to see you fall into the same bad habit
with your GLIBC work.