This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC PATCH] aarch64: improve memset
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 14:35:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] aarch64: improve memset
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <539BF47F dot 3030907 at twiddle dot net> <CAFqB+Py4Vk2vE2CmD7OGo88akzuOJEyuJ8n4e97-53+HM7FE9g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 30 September 2014 12:03, Marcus Shawcroft <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 14 June 2014 08:06, Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> The major idea here is to use IFUNC to check the zva line size once, and use
>> that to select different entry points. This saves 3 branches during startup,
>> and allows significantly more flexibility.
>> Also, I've cribbed several of the unaligned store ideas that Ondrej has done
>> with the x86 versions.
>> I've done some performance testing using cachebench, which suggests that the
>> unrolled memset_zva_64 path is 1.5x faster than the current memset at 1024
>> bytes and above. The non-zva path appears to be largely unchanged.
> OK Thanks /Marcus
It looks like this patch has slipped through the cracks. Richard, are
you happy to apply this or do you think it warrants further
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro