This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Add optimized strchrnul
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 14:02:22 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Add optimized strchrnul
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <539AD11E dot 50507 at arm dot com>
On 13 June 2014 11:23, Richard Earnshaw <email@example.com> wrote:
> Here is an optimized implementation of __strchrnul. The simplification
> that we don't have to track precisely why the loop terminates (match or
> end-of-string) means we have to do less work in both setup and the core
> inner loop. That means this should never be slower than strchr.
> As with strchr, the use of LD1 means we do not need different versions
> for big-/little-endian.
> <date> Richard Earnshaw <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * sysdeps/aarch64/strchrnul.S: New file.
Committed. + NEWS entry. /Marcus