This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] [BZ 17542] sunrpc: conditional jump depends on uninitialised value in svc_getreq_common
- From: Brad Hubbard <bhubbard at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 19:24:33 +1000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [BZ 17542] sunrpc: conditional jump depends on uninitialised value in svc_getreq_common
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54597868 dot 3060408 at redhat dot com> <mvmr3xif28d dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
- Reply-to: bhubbard at redhat dot com
On 11/05/2014 07:03 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
Brad Hubbard <email@example.com> writes:
Following is the valgrind warning.
==26802== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
==26802== at 0x5343A25: svc_getreq_common (in /lib64/libc-2.5.so)
==26802== by 0x534357B: svc_getreqset (in /lib64/libc-2.5.so)
Why was svc_getreqset called with file descriptors that were never seen
Yes, I see your point of course but I still think the patch has merit.
My initial analysis was flawed.
Senior Software Maintenance Engineer
Red Hat Global Support Services
Asia Pacific Region