Re: [RFC] Propose fix for race conditions in pthread cancellation (bz#12683)

On 09/10/2014 11:47 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
Anyway, now I would like comments about proposed solution and if the cases for
new failures should not be allowed or if testcases now should be adjusted.

Will it be possible to use this mechanism to make selected lock-free algorithms inside glibc async-signal-safe? I think rewinding to a previous address will be sufficient in many cases, but a more general approach which completes execution of a critical section in the signal handler could be desirable.