This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH roland/nptl-mips] MIPS: Consolidate NPTL/non versions of vfork
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 17:45:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH roland/nptl-mips] MIPS: Consolidate NPTL/non versions of vfork
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140625220124 dot 0BD4F2C39D4 at topped-with-meat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1406252211490 dot 13162 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20140625232405 dot 6D1982C398B at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > This appears to be a copy of the clone patch, not a vfork patch....
> Oops. The branch had the right thing.
> > The generic pt-vfork.c gives a #error for the non-IFUNC case. The AArch64
> > version (which I now notice is returning void not pid_t, which looks
> > suspicious to me) won't work for MIPS n32/n64 - for the 64-bit ABIs, gp
> > ($28) is callee-saved, and so the attempt at a tail call involves saving
> > the caller's value and computing a new value, then restoring the old value
> > of gp after the non-tail call before returning. It might work for o32,
> > but it seems simpler just to #include the alpha version for all three
> > ABIs.
> OK. I've updated the branch to do that. The new patch is below.
This patch is OK.
Joseph S. Myers