This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix Wundef warnings in posix/confstr.c
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:36:10 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix Wundef warnings in posix/confstr.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140625175953 dot GS4477 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
I was thinking about this and the similar cases in sysconf.c. I think we
should do something better about them. The straightforward approach you've
taken is still scarily typo-prone. At the very least, we can use a macro
that voids actually typing the _POSIX_FOOBAR name type. Something even
better is more doable for the sysconf case than the confstr one. But we
should give it some more thought.