This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC: memmove default implementation cleanup
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:11:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC: memmove default implementation cleanup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53A9896A dot 3090503 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:21:30AM -0300, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> This patch removes the powerpc specific logic in memmove and instead
> include default implementation with MEMCPY_OK_FOR_FWD_MEMMOVE defined.
> This lead in a increase performance, since the constraints to use
> memcpy in powerpc code are too restrictive and memcpy can be used for
> any forward memmove (and the rest to PPC implementation is just a copy
> of default one).
> Checked on powerpc32-fpu and powerpc64be. OK to apply?
That looks ok, I would go step more and say that aliasing memcpy to
memmove will differ only by few cycles and could improve performance
due of cache locality but I did not do test yet.