This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH roland/nptl] Clean up NPTL fork to be compat-only.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 23:32:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH roland/nptl] Clean up NPTL fork to be compat-only.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140623232544 dot 34E462C39BA at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Mon, 23 Jun 2014, Roland McGrath wrote:
> +/* libpthread once had its own fork, though there was no apparent reason
> + for it. There is no use in having a separate symbol in libpthread, but
> + the historical ABI requires it. For static linking, there is no need to
> + provide anything here--the libc version will be linked in. For shared
> + library ABI compatibility, there must be __vfork and vfork symbols in
__fork and fork not __vfork and vfork?
Joseph S. Myers