Approach to backports to release branches

Hi,

I was taking a quick look at what should be backported to the 2.19
branch.  I was cherry-picking these two commits:

d6680619: Fix memory leak in _nss_dns_gethostbyname4_r with big DNS answer
76aebfbb: Properly fix memory leak in _nss_dns_gethostbyname4_r with big
DNS answer

but in the middle there was the following:

c6ce0dad: Deduplicate resolv/nss_dns/dns-host.c

which caused a conflict in the second patch.  I could have worked around
this conflict to minimise the changes on the branch, but that would be
error prone compared to also cherry-picking that fairly small patch.

I'm guessing we do not have a policy on this yet as not much has been
done towards maintaining release branches in the past.  Is there any
strong opinions on this?

Allan

FYI: the patches I have so far flagged to go to the 2.19 branch are on
my allan/2.19/backport branch.