This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: resolv.conf format for DNSSEC [was: DNSSEC support in stub-resolver]
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Petr Spacek <pspacek at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 12:35:17 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: resolv.conf format for DNSSEC [was: DNSSEC support in stub-resolver]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <535E41F5 dot 5020109 at redhat dot com> <loom dot 20140612T135904-448 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140612160823 dot E308B2C39C1 at topped-with-meat dot com> <1402659130 dot 6191 dot 52 dot camel at dhcp-2-127 dot brq dot redhat dot com> <53A3EF1E dot 2070909 at redhat dot com> <20140620173454 dot 00E8E2C39A3 at topped-with-meat dot com> <153694353 dot 21457035 dot 1403332351099 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at redhat dot com>
> Well, we need to also reach a decision at some point, one way or
> another. This thread is open since months, and making the bad decision is
> much better than making no decision.
I realize it's frustrating not to see traction on a subject you want
addressed. I'm sorry that nobody else has put a high priority on
figuring out this issue in a way we can all be comfortable with.
But your last statement is a clear sign of someone who has not
internalized this project's concept of conservatism, and perhaps
someone who has not had the experience of making a quick decision
about what goes into an ABI and living to see that ABI still in use
(and those past quick decisions become albatrosses around the neck)
twenty years later.