This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: machine maintainer ping: ia64
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:30:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: machine maintainer ping: ia64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140621015933 dot DB5BC2C3993 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On 06/20/2014 06:59 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> * Can you rely on IFUNC?
> * If not, can you rely on the C compiler to emit a proper tail call, that
> cannot touch the stack, for a trivial argumentless tail call in C?
No, sadly. That's the ia64 backend of gcc needing some tlc.
> * If not, what does the assembly (.S) look like for a tail call to a PLT
> function? e.g. on x86 it's "jmp JUMPTARGET(foobar)".
Our ia64 machines seem to be down this weekend or I'd test things more.