This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: resolv.conf format for DNSSEC [was: DNSSEC support in stub-resolver]
- From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Petr Spacek <pspacek at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 02:32:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: resolv.conf format for DNSSEC [was: DNSSEC support in stub-resolver]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <535E41F5 dot 5020109 at redhat dot com> <loom dot 20140612T135904-448 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140612160823 dot E308B2C39C1 at topped-with-meat dot com> <1402659130 dot 6191 dot 52 dot camel at dhcp-2-127 dot brq dot redhat dot com> <53A3EF1E dot 2070909 at redhat dot com> <20140620173454 dot 00E8E2C39A3 at topped-with-meat dot com>
> I'm not very sanguine about the notion of another configuration file. One
> reason is that everyone's resolver would now do an addition open for a file
> that won't be there, adding to overhead. Complexity and unexpected new
> magic are other reasons. It needs more thought and more opinions from
> people who know the resolver code.
Well, we need to also reach a decision at some point, one way or another. This thread is open since months, and making the bad decision is much better than making no decision.