This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
machine maintainer ping: hppa
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at systemhalted dot org>, Jeff Bailey <jbailey at gnu dot org>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 18:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: machine maintainer ping: hppa
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Please review and approve (or commit) the roland/nptl-hppa branch ASAP.
Then please follow on ASAP (this week would be nice!) with the vfork
consolidation, or else tell me ASAP what I need to know to try it myself:
* can you rely on IFUNC?
* if not, can you rely on the C compiler to emit a proper tail call, that
cannot touch the stack, for a trivial argumentless tail call in C?
* if not, what does the assembly look like for a tail call to a PLT
function? e.g. on x86 it's "jmp JUMPTARGET(foobar)".