This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Please address NI_NUMERICSCOPE issue
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 22:13:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: Please address NI_NUMERICSCOPE issue
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20121014220643 dot GA17229 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <20140604025109 dot GL507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On Tue, 3 Jun 2014, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 06:06:43PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > See bug #14102: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14102
> > Even if nobody is willing to add the functionality immediately, can we
> > at least agree on a value it will have when it's added?
> This issue is really trivial and I've been waiting for someone to
> address it for almost 2 years now. Is the attached patch acceptable?
You need to explain why you think ignoring the flag is a valid
implementation (or that defining it without implementing it is more
helpful to applications, or better accords with established glibc
conventions, than not defining it until there is an implementation).
Joseph S. Myers