This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 3/3] Remove x86 assembler rwlock code
- From: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, carlos at redhat dot com, Andi Kleen <ak at odo dot jf dot intel dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 21:00:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] Remove x86 assembler rwlock code
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1402532621-26622-1-git-send-email-andi at firstfloor dot org> <1402532621-26622-4-git-send-email-andi at firstfloor dot org> <20140618091105 dot GE7238 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 02:41:05PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 05:23:41PM -0700, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > From: Andi Kleen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > With the recent tuning the C version of rwlocks is basically the same
> > performance as the x86 assembler version for uncontended locks (with a
> > a few cycles near the run-to-run variability). For others it should not
> > matter anyways.
> > So remove the assembler code and use the C version like other
> > architectures.
> Benchmark results?
email@example.com -- Speaking for myself only.