This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: arch maintainers ping: hppa, ia64, microblaze, s390, sparc
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:36:18 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: arch maintainers ping: hppa, ia64, microblaze, s390, sparc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140611195215 dot 39AD12C39A8 at topped-with-meat dot com> <lnele6$1d6$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
> for s390 the three patches in roland/nptl-s390 branch:
> -S390: Convert fork.c to arch-fork.h
> -Move S390 code out of nptl/sysdeps/s390/.
> -S390: Move NPTL public headers to sysdeps/s390/nptl/.
> are ok.
> Have i missed another patch?
Nope, those are they. I've committed them now.
I will have more next week.
If you want to do the clone and vfork consolidation changes for s390
yourself, that would be great. If you don't do it RSN, then I'll make an
attempt but you'll wind up having to tell me where I got some detail wrong
for s390. The clone bits are pretty entirely mechanical. The vfork bits
are mostly trivial too, but the pt-vfork.S compatibility bit (to do it
ideally) requires a little machine knowledge I don't have. Is IFUNC
reliably available for s390? If not, is it possible to make a pure tail
call to a PLT entry in s390? I don't even know what a tail call looks like
in s390 assembly.