This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] [BZ #17031][PowerPC64] Fix nearbyintl failure for few inputs
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Rajalakshmi Srinivasaraghavan <raji at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 12:05:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [BZ #17031][PowerPC64] Fix nearbyintl failure for few inputs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1402390928-37048-1-git-send-email-raji at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Rajalakshmi Srinivasaraghavan wrote:
> This patch fixes few failures in nearbyintl() where the fraction part
> is close to 0.5.
> [BZ #17031]
> sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-128ibm/s_nearbyintl.c: Consider the low
> double, adjusted for any remainder from the high double.
Please include an appropriate testcase in libm-test.inc (for both
nearbyint and rint - both should use the same set of test inputs,
differing only in expected exceptions for inexact cases - and inside the
"# if LDBL_MANT_DIG > 100" conditional").
Joseph S. Myers