This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 3/9][BZ 16892] ARM - Remove arm lowlevellock.h
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Bernard Ogden <bernie dot ogden at linaro dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 20:51:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/9][BZ 16892] ARM - Remove arm lowlevellock.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <EE2BD910-914B-4D8B-A398-416E6A4D2087 at linaro dot org>
On Mon, 9 Jun 2014, Bernard Ogden wrote:
> Remove arm lowlevelock.h
> Results in these changes:
> Fixes BZ16892, as lll_timelock now checks value of futex before
> changing it. There is a similar change in lll_cond_lock - as this
> was unconditionally setting the futex to 2 rather than 1, this
> should not have been causing any bugs, but the change is harmless.
> Gain a few static always_inline functions - some didn't previously
> exist for arm, others used to be macros.
> lll_futex_timed_wait_requeue_pi now calls INTERNAL_SYSCALL_ERROR_P
> on the return value. This function only has one caller, and that
> caller just compares return value to 0, so the behaviour is
> Passes regression tests.
OK once the generic header is in. This is not a review or approval of the
Joseph S. Myers