This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] aarch64: Move remaining sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/nptl/ files
- From: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at tilera dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 12:14:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] aarch64: Move remaining sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/nptl/ files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1401818095-15788-1-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net> <20140603180526 dot 9CA032C3A18 at topped-with-meat dot com> <5390945C dot 2010303 at twiddle dot net>
On 6/5/2014 12:01 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
On 06/03/2014 11:05 AM, Roland McGrath wrote:
That looks adequate. But...
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/nptl/bits/pthreadtypes.h: Move...
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/bits/pthreadtypes.h: ... here.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/nptl/bits/semaphore.h: Move...
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/bits/semaphore.h: ... here.
These could go into sysdeps/aarch64/nptl/bits/ instead.
Presumably sysdeps/aarch64/bits/ without the nptl subdir. Sure.
It looks like x86 and arm are already using sysdeps/ARCH/nptl/bits, so perhaps better to be consistent, though?
Unfortunately, powerpc and alpha already followed your original proposal of moving to sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ARCH/bits for these files. Roland, do you think the powerpc/alpha maintainers should adjust those paths to be consistent with x86 and arm?
I'm waiting on this decision for precedent as to how to move the sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/tile files (as presumably are the ia64, m68k, microblaze, mips, and hppa maintainers). Two possible places to put these files is bad enough; we certainly don't want three.
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.