Re: is there a fuzzer for libc?

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 11:00:44AM +0400, Konstantin Serebryany wrote:
> Thanks for the answer -- it confirms what I concluded from a quick web search.
> There are however some libc functions that might be easier to fuzz
> (e.g. gethostbyname),
> so I thought that there could be at least something.

Sure, one class of functions that aren't too hard to fuzz is functions
which take only integer and pointer-to-string arguments with no
constraints on them. However it still may be hard to hit the
meaningful cases. I think fuzzing gethostbyname would be pretty slow
since you'd end up waiting for the dns request to fail for nearly
every random string you generated.

Rich