This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [PATCH] ARM: Use libc calls for fenv functions
- From: "Wilco" <wdijkstr at arm dot com>
- To: "'Marcus Shawcroft'" <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>, "'Joseph Myers'" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 14:09:14 +0100
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] ARM: Use libc calls for fenv functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <001901cf76ac$bb8fa700$32aef500$ at com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1406021732520 dot 19591 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
> Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 23 May 2014, Wilco wrote:
> > Hi,
> > This patch uses libc calls defined by fenv_private.h to implement
> > several fenv functions rather than duplicating functionality. To make
> > this work for softfp builds, ensure functions in fenv_private are not
> > conditionally compiled.
> > OK for commit?
> OK, if tested for both hard and soft float builds.
I built with CFLAGS="-mfloat-abi=soft". This builds the objects but won't link
as ld assumes hardfp abi despite the object saying otherwise, so it doesn't
appear these options are well supported in GCC. I checked disassembly of
a few fenv functions and sin, and they look correct (ie. there is always the
features test before FPSCR is accessed).
Marcus can you check in?