This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITTED] malloc/malloc.c : Remove nested function mi_arena.
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>, Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 13:38:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED] malloc/malloc.c : Remove nested function mi_arena.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5383536D dot 5010601 at redhat dot com> <87vbssxs50 dot fsf at gnu dot org> <20140528031526 dot GF507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <5386907E dot 3020602 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 09:42:22PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 05/27/2014 11:15 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> > Despite my being in favor of eliminating nested functions, I'm in
> > complete agreement. This kind of mechanical transformation with
> > pointers to all of the outer function's locals is utterly hideous to
> > read, and makes the compiler's work much more difficult.
> > I'm in favor of the earlier proposal to inline the code directly.
> That's 4 in favour after review.
> Ondrej, Please feel free to commit your inlining of the function.
I applied it, thanks.