This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] manual: Update LOCPATH documentation
- From: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 11:03:39 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] manual: Update LOCPATH documentation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5385D5C9 dot 1070503 at redhat dot com>
- Reply-to: myllynen at redhat dot com
On 2014-05-28 15:25, Florian Weimer wrote:
> I noticed that the LOCPATH documentation had bitrotted and did not match
> the current defaults anymore.
FWIW, LOCPATH is now documented also in the latest man pages, how
searching is done and also a compact example how to use a custom locale
from LOCPATH generated with localedef is provided:
> It's also a bit odd that we go to great lengths *not* documenting the
> actual format of locale specifiers (mostly the
> language_TERRITORY.codeset@modifier structure), while this format is
> very much part of our public interface and described in the setlocale(3)
> manual page. What's the current thinking on that? Should we add this
> to the manual as well?
Sounds like a good idea.