This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v3 7/9] aarch64: Rely on syscalls preserving registers
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 05:41:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 7/9] aarch64: Rely on syscalls preserving registers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1401046909-25821-1-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net> <1401046909-25821-8-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net>
On 25 May 2014 20:41, Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> From: Richard Henderson <email@example.com>
> In several cases we've had asm routines rely on syscalls not clobbering
> call-clobbered registers, and that's now deemed ABI. So take advantage
> of this in the INLINE_SYSCALL path as well.
> Shrinks libc.so by about 1k.
OK, thankyou. /Marcus