Re: Requesting CVEs for glibc security issues

On 05/19/2014 12:12 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> In other words, it is a neat sounding idea, but I don't see it being
> useful in practice unless distributions actually start using point
> releases actively.

Right, and that's they key part of the ecosystem puzzle. As glibc
developers we should be working towards adopting the point releases
actively and working on them.

I'd like to lead by example and have Fedora adopt the point release
and work to push all Fedora-local patches into point releases.

We aren't doing that yet because, well, because glibc has a huge
maintenance backlog. We have few resources and those resources
right now are fixing bugs on master.