This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Don't require test wrappers to preserve environment variables
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 23:07:24 +0000
- Subject: Re: Don't require test wrappers to preserve environment variables
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405211643220 dot 13941 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20140523222713 dot 06FF12C3AD5 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Fri, 23 May 2014, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Any place where the environment variables on the build system matter, there
> should be a comment explicitly saying that they do and why. If there are
There are some places where there are such comments but they are clearly
wrong. E.g., posix/getconf.sh says
# Since we use `sort' we must make sure to use the same locale everywhere.
but that looks like it was cut-and-pasted from another test, maybe
globtest.sh - getconf.sh does not use sort.
Joseph S. Myers